WANTED: NCAE Legislative Contact Team Members
Committed educators who know their legislator or who would like to build a relationship. Experience in public school education necessary with willingness to share personal stories from the classroom with their legislator. Republicans preferred. Apply by contacting Linda Gunter at 919-832-3000 ext. 210 or by email at Linda.Gunter@ncae.org.
- Occasionally working with the other Legislative Contact Team members to lobby the legislator on behalf of all members.
- Keeping up-to-date and informed about key educational issues during the 2013-2014 session of the General Assembly.
- Communicating by email or phone on a regular basis with the assigned legislator on important educational issues.
- Participating in meetings with the legislator either at home or in Raleigh when needed.
- Work begins January 30, 2013 and continues until General Assembly goes home in July.
- Reporting to the NCAE Government Relations staff about conversations with the legislator.