Welcome to YOUR NCAE Professional Development Directory!
NCAE is proud to bring you our professional development opportunities in a new, interactive, online format. We have added new opportunities, and all of the workshops and trainings offered by the NCAE Center for Teaching and Learning are organized by the North Carolina Professional Teaching Standards. There are also specific categories for our members who are Education Support Professionals, as well as our Administrator members. Please take time browse the sessions offered.
Choose Your Standard or Area: (use drop down menu to select)
There is a new PD resource for schools and the group providing the quality PD is made up of former NC Teacher Academy Trainers!
The link takes you to the site and you will note that Administrators that are NCAE members will receive a discounted fee for services. Please share with members so as PD plans are created – a quality resource is known for the plans! Learn More
Teachers who are working with the Common Core in English and Math
Here is a link that would be great for grade team, PLC, or subject team to review together. Get tips and strategies for integrating with Essential Standards. Learn More
Bring Quality Professional Opportunities to YOUR Local or School!
Interested in bringing NCAE’s quality professional development to your Cluster or District? Click here for information on NCAE’s IPD Instructional Advocacy Mini-Grants.
NCAE Sessions are Proven, Effective, and Standards Based
Workshops and trainings offered by NCAE meets the High Quality professional development criteria required by the NC Department of Public Instruction. These sessions:
- are grounded in scientifically based research and focused on improving student academic achievement
- include activities that are high quality, sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused
- are regularly evaluated for their impact on increased teacher effectiveness and improved student achievement
- meet the State Board of Education’s strategic objectives – supporting issues surrounding globally competitive students, addressing the 21st century professional, helping promote healthy and responsible school environments, and are innovative in practice with rigor, relevance and building relationships
- provide feedback and follow-up as our members’ time allows
- connect members via Wikis, GroupSites and/or follow webinars
NCAE Policy requires all sessions have at least 25 participants registered. If the minimum is not met, the session will be cancelled.
More Professional Growth Opportunities Available Through NEA!
As a member of the National Education Association, you have access to the NEA Academy!
NEA has quality courses online that are free, or at a reduced cost to NCAE members. Visit www.neaacademy.org for information and to browse course listings!
(Please note – online Master’s degrees offered through the NEA Academy’s partners are not guaranteed to be accepted in North Carolina. You’ll need to confirm such acceptance before beginning an online Master’s program to ensure that your online Master’s will be eligible to be added to your North Carolina teaching license.)