The Student North Carolina Association of Educators (SNCAE) is a pre-professional organization for college students interested in a career in education. SNCAE is a division of the larger North Carolina Association of Educators, the leading professional organization for educators in North Carolina, and the National Education Association, the largest education association in the United States.
SNCAE’s goal is to prepare college students for their futures as educators. Our three core values are teacher quality, community engagement, and political advocacy. Local chapters provide support to members on campus and host special events and trainings. If you are a future educator in the state of North Carolina, join your professional organization, SNCAE, and make a difference today!
Your 2019-20 SNCAE Executive Board!
President: Tori Shoemaker
President-Elect: Lauren Hall
Secretary: Kaila Allen
Region 3 Representative: Brooke Bowen
Region 4 Representative: Marlee Larry
Region 5 Representative: Monica Smith
Region 6 Representative: Amber Cousin Hargrove
Outreach to Teach Coordinator: Alanis Stout
• Opportunities to network with future and current educators.
• Become a part of a community of student leaders who are advocates for education, involved in their community, and engaged in on-going professional development.
• Access to SNCAE/NCAE/NEA workshops and conferences.
• Discounts on credit cards, theme parks, car rentals, hotels, and more!
• $1,000,000 in liability insurance protection any time a student is working with school children as part of his or her pre-work training – even if simply observing a class.
• As a first-year teacher, students receive a $20 rebate from NEA and a $10 rebate from NCAE for every year as a student member!
State President, Tori Shoemaker, firstname.lastname@example.org
State Organizer, Christi Broadway: email@example.com
Please see below for local chapter information.
For frequent updates, ideas, and chapter spotlights check out the SNCAE Blog!