Welcome to YOUR NCAE Professional Development Directory!
NCAE is proud to bring you our professional development opportunities! We have added new opportunities with all workshops and trainings offered by the NCAE Center for Teaching and Learning organized by member needs: Student Members, Education Support Professionals, Classroom Teachers, and Administrators.
NCAE Sessions are effective, and standards- based
Workshops and trainings offered by NCAE meet the High Quality professional development criteria required by the NC Department of Public Instruction. These site-based sessions:
- are grounded in scientifically based research and focused on improving student academic achievement
- include activities that are high quality, sustained, intensive, and classroom-focused
- are regularly evaluated for their impact on increased teacher effectiveness and improved student achievement
- meet the State Board of Education’s strategic objectives – supporting issues surrounding globally competitive students, addressing the 21st century professional, helping promote healthy and responsible school environments, and are innovative in practice with rigor, relevance and building relationships
- provide feedback and follow-up as our members’ time allows
- connect members via Wikis, GroupSites and/or follow webinars
Fees dependent on principal/administrator membership status. Member administrators pay no fees; non-member administrators pay for materials, travel, and accommodations, if necessary. NCAE Policy requires all sessions have at least 25 participants registered. If the minimum is not met, the session will be cancelled.
Contact Angela Farthing Angela.Farthing@ncae.org or your local UniServ with questions. To request a session for your school or local,
More Professional Growth Opportunities Available Through NEA!
As a member of the National Education Association, you have access to the NEA Academy!
(Please note – online Master’s degrees offered through the NEA Academy’s partners are not guaranteed to be accepted in North Carolina. You’ll need to confirm such acceptance before beginning an online Master’s program to ensure that your online Master’s will be eligible to be added to your North Carolina teaching license.)
Outside Opportunities for Professional Development
Teachers who are working with the Common Core in English and Math
Here is a link that would be great for grade team, PLC, or subject team to review together. Get tips and strategies for integrating with Essential Standards. Learn More