Surviving and Thriving: Classroom Management Strategies for New and Lateral Entry Teachers
Time: 2-3 hours
- learn strategies to create a positive learning environment,
- construct interventions for selected difficult behaviors,
- leave with practical tips on how to impact student learning through creating useful rules, routines and lesson plans.
Tried and true with teachers across the nation! Participants will learn about elements that will make a difference in their teaching and management style. The training is very interactive with practical hands-on information that all participants will be able to use in the classroom immediately. Topics include procedures, rules and routines in your classroom, professionalism, setting the tone and creating a positive environment as well as creating lessons that are relevant and engaging. Surviving and Thriving provides a jump start for the new year or new semester. For optimal sessions, participants should be broken out by grade level range, such as K-5, 6-8 and 9-12 or by elementary and secondary.
Creating Strong Family-School-Community Partnerships
Time: 3-12 Hours (Depending on Individual/School/Site Needs)
Standard(s): I, II, IV
Participants will examine attitudes, actions, and behaviors regarding community involvement, and learn strategies for implementing partnerships within the community or enhancing existing partnerships.
Many constituents, especially educators, have had little experience in working with families and community beyond the regular PTA functions. During this training, participants create positive groundwork for partnerships; learn how to improve communication among all stakeholders, gain insight into how to work with families from diverse cultures, and create a climate to implement meaningful partnerships. Host site will be requested to copy materials for participants and provide lunch for full day sessions.
Classroom Management – Tools for Success!
Time: 2-3 hours
Standard(s): I, IV, V
- explore what is needed in the classroom for success and control
- develop a personal classroom management plan
- define procedures and routines that will positively impact the classroom and learning environment.
Every decision affecting students is part of classroom management. The more tools educators have in their toolboxes, the more likely students will experience success. Components of this workshop include strategies and ideas for increasing self-esteem, involving parents as partners, and teaching students your classroom routine. There will be an emphasis on preventative strategies, but participants will also gain intervention techniques that work.
More Month than Money
Time: 1 ½ hours
The session offers a financial tune-up. It is instrumental in helping you
- have a plan – be realistic – review and modify financial goals as necessary
- manage your cash flow – anticipate needs/wants/desires
- understand your risks – adequate insurance protection and ID theft information
- use credit judiciously
- be systematic and disciplined with savings (save first/spend last)- capture some portion of your lifetime earnings
- use NEA/NCAE Member Benefits to maximize savings
Stress and Time Management Strategies That Work!
Time: 2-5 Hours (depending on specific requests)
Participants in this interactive, hand-on session will:
- learn how to break the habits of stressful situations,
- discover new strategies for managing time and stress,
- celebrate saying no and meaning it.
Learn how to turn chaos into calm. Develop new time management skills that will benefit your professional and personal life. Rediscover a healthier you as you break the old patterns of being stressed and overworked while finding no time for yourself.
Time: 2-3 Hours
Standard(s): I, V
In this highly interactive and engaging session, you will be guided through the foundational concepts of the True Colors system as it applies to your personal and professional lives. Participants will explore their own distinctive strengths and stressors. Everyone has their own unique style, preferences and ways of operating. You will learn to respect and appreciate the different ways people function, while learning to work together. The session will lay the foundation for relationship building, effective communication, and teamwork.