North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE)
POSITION TITLE: Network Systems Programmer (IT Network Administrator)
NCAE is looking for an Network Systems Programmer (IT Network Administrator) to maintain a reliable, secure, and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain, and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
CLOSING DATE: November 29, 2019
- Fully support, configure, maintain and upgrade networks and in-house servers from top to bottom.
- Install and integrate new server hardware and applications.
- Identify and implement needed updates.
- Support and administer third-party applications.
- Ensure network security and connectivity.
- Monitor network performance (availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency) and test for weaknesses.
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Resolve problems reported by end user.
- Define network policies and procedures.
- Specify system requirements and design solutions.
- Research and make recommendations for ongoing hardware and software upgrades and system administration.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or their designee
- At least 2 years of proven experience in a network administrator role.
- BS degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field.
- Hands on experience in networking, routing and switching.
- Excellent knowledge of best practices around management, control, and monitoring of server infrastructure.
- Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired.
- Ability to set up and configure server hardware.
- Familiarity with backup and recovery software and methodologies.
- Great at organizing, prioritizing and multitasking.
- Prior experience in Juniper, Cisco, PeopleSoft, and Sales Force desirable.
- Previous association or labor experience highly desirable, but not required.
- Support of a quality public education that is adequately and equitably funded.
- Irregular hours occasionally required.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Meeting arrangements and set up, storage, meeting materials preparation and supply coordination, computer/phone /projector set up.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 lbs with some lifting, bending, standing, packing and carrying required.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS – As per negotiated contract
Salary range: depending on experience and within confines of the contract
EFFECTIVE DATE OF EMPLOYMENT – January 2020
Interested parties should apply electronically by November 29, 2019 with resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention Rachelle Johnson, NCAE Executive Director.
NCAE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER