Summer Leaders Sign Up Form
NCAE’s Summer Leaders conference is designed to help local affiliates build strong teams and bring skills back to their communities. While Summer Leaders is open to all NCAE members, the workshops are designed for teams of local members and you’ll get the most out of your time if you plan to come with a group. If you have questions and want to be involved, but aren’t sure if Summer Leaders is right for you, please reach out to Kristin Beller, [email protected].
This year’s conference will focus heavily on building strong teams - in our buildings, in our locals, in our regions, and across North Carolina. This is an opportunity to build on your skills and learn new strategies for effective organizing, leadership development, and so much more.
The deadline to register is June 15. We can’t wait to see you!
WHAT TO EXPECT
- Four days of learning, collaborating, etc
- Time to strategize with your local team
- Learn from your fellow member leaders and NCAE staff
- Hear from union leaders in other states about their strategies for success
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- A team from your local
- Excitement and enthusiasm
- An open mind
- Comfortable clothing
- Whatever tools you need to create your local plan (i.e. laptop, tablet, notepad)
HOW MUCH DOES IT COST?
- We’re excited to offer this training at no cost.
- Most meals are covered, including lunch on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. NCAE will also provide dinner on Tuesday and Thursday. You are responsible for breakfast each day, and dinner on Wednesday when we encourage you to go out with other members from across the state.
- Hotel rooms will NOT be provided by NCAE, but we have secured a discounted rate for locals to reserve blocks for their teams. We encourage double occupancy to keep the cost lower for your local.
- Be sure to check with your local leadership team before booking your room.