North Carolina Association of Educators
- How to apply: Please submit the following to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=59fc7f52-c895-4bef-90c4-acedc2089c6b&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
- A brief cover letter detailing why you want to be an administrative assistant, your previous experience (if applicable in data work), and any other skills and experience you believe qualifies you for this position.
- Your resume
- 3 references
Application Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis, with priority given to those received by March 22, 2023
The North Carolina Association of Educators seeks an Administrative Assistant to provide Membership data entry, database maintenance support, logistics for organizing events and Business Office support.
Why Should You be NCAE’s Administrative Assistant?
About North Carolina Association of Educators:
The North Carolina Association of Educators is the state’s largest advocacy organization of public school employees - representing active, retired, and student members. We are building a movement to defend and transform public education in our state. In the last three years, we've led the largest educator mobilization in state history and mobilized thousands of voters across the state to the polls as part of our successful campaign to halt the privatizer-controlled General Assembly’s decade long legislative assault on educators, students, and communities. In that same time, several of our locals have also fought for and won historic pay increases for custodians and other staff, secured #shotsforsafereturn for their staff and harnessed the momentum from those wins to propel themselves into ranking among the fastest-growing National Education Association affiliates in the country.
We're on the cusp of restoring North Carolina as a national leader on education policy and are making moves from the Sandhills to the mountains to win the schools our students deserve.
- Responsible for data entry of all membership data into NEA membership systems as well as identifying, researching, and resolving membership discrepancies between dues received and obligations reflected in the membership systems.
- Responsible to make monthly correction in dues amount and new or cancelled members in the membership system.
- Responsible to ensure that all membership records are accurate, and systems are in sync.
- Communicate with local leaders, school finance personnel, NCAE staff and NEA staff to resolve membership discrepancies.
- Communicate the Mission of NCAE to current and potential members.
- Create reports as requested,
- Ability to handle sensitive, confidential information.
- As needed, fulfill data requests from staff across the organization
- Evaluate datasets for consistency, completeness, accuracy, and reasonableness.
- Pull and circulate regular, scheduled reports.
- Event planning and project management: In conjunction with the organizing department, spearhead logistics for and project manage staff and members to execute the logistics of in person and zoom events, including large trainings of hundreds or more.
- Assist the organizing department in the creation, ordering, management, and distribution of physical materials such as flyers, apparel and more.
- Support Business Office in expense reports processing, general filing, and invoice processing
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the Executive Director or their designee.
Qualified applicants will possess much of the following:
- A strong sense of self-direction
- A commitment to defending and transforming public education in North Carolina by building educator power.
- An intellectual curiosity for improving systems.
- Demonstrable ability for self-reflection and learning new skills.
- Technological proficiency
- Strong detail-orientation
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to create and execute a workplan.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and a demonstrated track record of success understanding and executing on stakeholder goals and needs.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, meeting frequent and tight deadlines.
- An excellent collaborator and team player
- A willingness to work nights and weekends when needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- A basic understanding of relational databases
- Experience with basic data analysis in Microsoft Excel, or strong spatial/mathematical visualization skills and a willingness to learn.
- Experience using salesforce, NGP VAN/Every Action, or Action Network
- Basic familiarity with organizing and an understanding of the NCAE Mission.
Location: HQ in Raleigh
- Salary: $39,471/year based on experience and staff union contract. This is an associate staff, step 0 position.
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available
- Employer provided FSA/HRA monies.
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel
- 401k Plan
- Pension Plan (if a temp. position-not eligible until 1/1 or 7/1 after 1 year of service)
- Paid holidays, employer paid life and LTD coverage, voluntary life insurance.
- A generous personal, sick, and annual leave policy, and more
NCAE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected.
Current and former/retired NCAE members and applicants committed to a strong public educators’ association who meet many, but not all, of the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call Angela Schell in Human Resources @ 919-755-5541.