Position: Confidential Executive Assistant with the North Carolina Association of Educators
● How to apply: Please submit your resume and 3 references at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=59fc7f52-c895-4bef-90c4-acedc2089c6b&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
● Salary Range: $60,000 -$85,000/yr. depending on experience
● Application Deadline: Applications accepted until filled
The North Carolina Association of Educators seeks an experienced Confidential Executive Assistant to support the NCAE Executive Leadership Team, including Governance and Management. The Confidential Executive Assistant will manage special events, board meetings, and conferences while ensuring compliance with NCAE and NEA policies and guidance. The Confidential Assistant will be responsible for understanding the organization’s strategic and programmatic goals for the purpose of tracking implementation deadlines, prioritizing, and completing related tasks. The successful candidate must possess excellent relationship and organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality, and use discretion with sensitive information.
About North Carolina Association of Educators:
The North Carolina Association of Educators is the state’s largest advocacy organization for public school employees and represents active, retired, and student members. We are building a movement to defend and transform public education in our state. In the last three years, we've led the largest educator mobilization in state history and mobilized thousands of voters across the state to the polls as part of our successful campaign to halt the
privatizer-controlled General Assembly’s eight-year legislative assault on our educators, students, and communities. In that same time, several of our locals have also fought for and won historic pay increases for custodians and other staff, secured #shotsforsafereturn for their staff and harnessed the momentum from those wins to propel themselves into ranking among the fastest-growing National Education Association affiliates in the country.
We're on the cusp of restoring North Carolina as a national leader in education policy and are making moves from the Sandhills to the mountains to win the schools our students deserve.
- Manages and plans special events including but not limited to NCAE Committee/Commission Day, NCAE Board Meetings, NCAE Convention, NCAE NEA Convention, NCAE national, state, and local elections.
- Participates in meetings, as assigned, for the purpose of conveying and gathering information, reporting to Executive Leadership team, and carry out administrative responsibilities
- Willingness to travel in and out of state
- Manage assigned departmental responsibilities for the purpose of achieving organizational objectives, and ensuring compliance with organizational policy and guidance
- Handle confidential matters and materials that include personnel decisions, organizational processes, and staff union negotiation data with discretion
- Prepares a wide variety of documents and written or electronic materials for the purpose of documenting activities and issues, conveying information, and/or providing supporting materials
- Schedules appointments, meetings, and events for the purpose of making necessary arrangements and ensuring meeting space, hotel accommodations, and meals
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the work
- Sound speaking, writing, and editing skills
- Ability to move effectively within a large complex organization
- Demonstrated success in building effective relationships with partners
- Shares our core commitment and has experience supporting, investing in, training, and coaching member leaders
- Believes that rank and file members are the core of our union and are best positioned to lead our work and is deeply committed to member leadership
- Believes in deep investment in training and professional development for staff
- Invests in the political project of rebuilding our union and reclaiming our state
- Commits to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in their work
- Creative, solution-oriented, and excited about designing a unique and innovative programs/events
Location: HQ in Raleigh, NC
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available
- Employer provided FSA/HRA monies
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel
- 401k Plan
- Pension Plan (if a temp. position-not eligible until 1/1 or 7/1 after 1 year of service)
- Paid holidays, employer paid life and LTD coverage, and voluntary life insurance
- A generous personal, sick, and annual leave policy, and more
NCAE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected.
Current and former/retired NCAE members and applicants committed to a strong public educators’ association who meet many, but not all, of the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call Angela Schell in Human Resources at: 919-755-5541.