Digital Communications Coordinator with North Carolina Association of Educators
The North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE) seeks a talented, dedicated, and experienced digital communicator that utilizes data to fill the position of Digital Communications Coordinator. The Digital Communications Coordinator works under the direction of the Communications Director and will create digital content and administer tools utilizing data informed practices. This is a bargaining unit position.
About North Carolina Association of Educators
The North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE) is building a movement to defend and transform public education in our state to ensure all students and families have access to quality public education that ensures they have the opportunity to meet their full potential. In the last three years we've led the largest educator walkouts in state history and mobilized thousands of voters across the state to the polls as part of our successful campaign to halt the privatizer-controlled General Assembly’s eight-year legislative assault on our educators, students, and communities.
We're on the cusp of restoring North Carolina as a national leader on education policy and are making moves from the Sandhills to the mountains to win the schools our students deserve.
- Tell the story of NCAE online amplifying educators voice to win public support, create momentum for statewide and local movements/campaigns, and inspire educators and community allies alike to take action
- Design and implement a strategic digital communications plan and calendar to advance NCAE goals and campaigns
- Track and manage digital communications data and work collaboratively to help ensure data integration of digital engagements and insights
- Evaluate and adapt digital communications programs and plans based on data analytics
- Compile website, email and social media data to assist in strategic planning
- Work closely with NCAE organizing, political, data and professional development staff to develop digital and communications strategies, tactics, and resources that line up with union campaigns and priorities.
- Develop messaging and write content for mass emails and social media platforms
- Create engaging short videos for multiple social channels using raw video shot by educators in the field
- Execute targeted digital communications via geofencing and other digital tools
- Develop digital organizing and communications resources, templates, and toolkits
- Train field staff and member leaders on digital communications best practices
- Administer and coordinate digital platforms and tools such as ActionNetwork, Hustle, Zoom and NCAE social media accounts
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 1-2 years of experience in labor organizing or comparable environments in electoral, community, or movement organizing
- At least 1-2 years of experience in communications and/or digital work in progressive spaces or other comparable environments
- A commitment to uplifting and amplifying member-led organizing work
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- A strong understanding of principles of effective communication to members, potential members, and the public
- A deep commitment to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism in the work and demonstrable experience centering the voice and experiences of BIPOC
- A demonstrated ability to develop content and messaging for different audiences, social groups and organizing targets, including graphics, short video, memes and scripts
- Strong interpersonal skills: a deep understanding of trust-building, maintaining strong relationships, and communicating with people across differences
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and project manage, prioritize, and execute to meet frequent and tight deadlines with keen attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to be adaptable and flexible in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with digital communications platforms and databases used in progressive spaces, or general proficiency with technology and commitment to learn
- A track record as an excellent collaborator and team player
- A willingness to work nights and weekends when needed
- Familiarity with public education and public education issues
- A deep commitment to elevating workers’ voice
- Experience in the North Carolina progressive movement and an understanding of the North Carolina political landscape
- A keen eye for “what’s moving” unique audiences across different social channels
- Familiarity with union organizing campaigns
In particular, we’d be thrilled if the Digital Communications Coordinator:
- Believes that rank and file members are the core of our union and are best positioned to lead our work
- Is invested in the political project of rebuilding our union and reclaiming our state
- Has union organizing field experience
- Is creative, solutions-oriented, and excited about designing a unique and innovative programs
Duration: The position will run through June 2024–with the possibility of extension
How to apply:
Required Materials: Please submit your resume, at least 3 references, cover letter and a short writing sample that demonstrates skills relevant to this role to https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=59fc7f52-c895-4bef-90c4-acedc2089c6b&ccId=19000101_000001&type=JS&lang=en_US
Application Deadline: Applications accepted on a rolling basis
Location: Raleigh, NC
This is a temporary Professional Staff Step 0 position of the NCAE/NCSO staff union organization with an annual salary of $59,286.00 per year plus benefits
- Medical, dental and vision coverage available
- Employer provided FSA/HRA monies
- Cell phone and internet reimbursement
- Mileage reimbursement for work-related travel
- 401k Plan
- Pension Plan (if a temp. position-not eligible until 1/1 or 7/1 after 1 year of service)
- Paid holidays, employer paid life and LTD coverage, voluntary life insurance
- A generous personal, sick, and annual leave policy, and more
NCAE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected.
Current and former/retired NCAE members and applicants committed to a strong public educators’ association who meet many, but not all, of the qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call Angela Schell in Human Resources @ 919-755-5541.