The North Carolina Association of Educators (NCAE) is seeking a project organizer to help members and leaders create key components of our multi-year strategic plan. As part of this ambitious plan, NCAE aims to connect and support aspiring educators and faculty advisors in the Student North Carolina Association of Educators (SNCAE). Connecting these young people and their supporters with each other and NCAE will facilitate:
- Increased recruitment of young people (especially people of color) into education professions
- Increased connections and skills that will allow them to stay and lead once they get a job
- NCAE leadership achieving more clarity about how to best support and expand aspiring educator programs.
Organizers for the project work independently to achieve set goals of the project. Activities expected include meeting/event turnout, educator engagement, conversations, surveys, event planning and more and report their results to the Project Organizing Manager and NCAE staff assigned to SNCAE.
The project is underway and goes through June 30th.
Meet objectives of the project through:
- Assisting NCAE leaders, members, and faculty advisors in carrying out activities and events
- Meeting preparation, turnout and facilitation
- Conducting 1:1 conversations with members, educators and stakeholders
- Participating in team debriefs
- Creating, tracking and following up on leadership activities and tasks
- Entering data
- Detailed oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Passionate advocate of public education and NCAE
- Leadership experience, including moving others into action
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Familiar with organizing best practices
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Background in project management and event planning
- Familiar with data and digital communication tools/applications
- Community, electoral or union organizing experience
We’d be thrilled if you:
- Are a member of NCAE
- Share our dedication to rebuilding NCAE, democratic-member driven unionism, and transforming public education
- Have broad relationships within public education
How to Apply: Interested individuals should submit their resume and a brief explanation of their interest and qualifications relevant to the position to
Compensation: This is a subcontract position paying $25-$35/hour depending on availability and scope of work.
Project Expense Reimbursement: All pre-approved expenses, including mileage (federal rate), meals or materials reimbursed in full.
NCAE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected. Current and former/retired NCAE members and applicants committed to a strong public educators’ association who meet the majority, but not all, of the qualifications above are encouraged to apply.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call Angela Schell in Human Resources @ 919-755-5541.