Project Organizers (August-December 23rd, 2022)
NCAE seeks project organizers to help achieve NCAE members’ objective to create a multi-year plan. The NCAE Board of Directors has an ambitious year-long strategic planning process to engage members, parents, and educators in defining what it is going to take to defend and transform public education in North Carolina. Organizers for the project work independently to achieve set goals of the project. Activities expected include meeting/event turnout, educator engagement, conversations, surveys, and more and report their results to the Project Organizing Manager.
The project is underway and minimally goes through December 23rd with a possibility of extension through the spring of 2023.
Meet objectives of the strategic plan development through:
- Assisting board members in carrying out activities and events
- Meeting preparation, turnout and facilitation
- Conducting 1:1 conversations with members, educators and stakeholders
- Participating in team debriefs
- Supporting member leaders in their community and educator engagement activities that achieve the objectives of the Board
- Creating, tracking and following up on leadership activities and tasks
- Entering data
- Detailed oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Passionate advocate of public education and NCAE
- Leadership experience, including moving others into action
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Familiar with organizing best practices
- Ability to work nights and weekends
- Background in project management and event planning
- Familiar with data and digital communication tools/applications
- Community, electoral or union organizing experience
We’d be thrilled if you:
- Are a member of NCAE
- Share our dedication to rebuilding NCAE, democratic-member driven unionism, and transforming public education
- Have broad relationships within public education
How to Apply: Interested individuals should submit their resume and a brief explanation of their interest and qualifications to the position to (ADP Link). Positions open until filled.
Compensation: $25-$35/hour depending on availability and scope of work.
Project Expense Reimbursement: All pre-approved expenses, including mileage (federal rate), meals or materials reimbursed in full.
NCAE is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected. Current and former/retired NCAE members and applicants committed to a strong public educators’ association who meet the majority, but not all, of the qualifications above are encouraged to apply.
Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call Angela Schell in Human Resources @ 919-755-5541.